Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why did they choose that fabric ?

I LOVE my Maclaren jogger, but it is simply too big to go on trips. Now that Wyatt is big enough to sit up on his own, it was time to get a travel stroller. I have been looking around and I kept wanting to get another Maclaren, but who wants to spend a minimum of around $100, for a small umbrella stroller? So I looked at cheaper alternatives. The price range out there is awesome, but what I want to know is who the heck is in charge of the design of these things!

Umbrella strollers frames are all fairly similar, but why, oh why do they all have to look like they cut up an old polyester clown costume ?
This is where my project began...


And this is how it ended....







With a few of my own improvements.



4 comments:

Anna said...

COREY! You are a genius! I have a little umbrella stroller and same thing, I hate the pattern, it's so ugly, but it was either ugly frogs or princesses. What kind of fabric did you use and did you just take the old one apart to pattern the new one? I love it, I'm thinking about making one myself.

Puffer Love said...

AMAZING!!!! You are so crafty Corey!

Megan Hall said...

Never told ou how much I love the way this turned out. You are so creative. It looks awesome in the picture but even better in person. Your so amazing. Love you

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea! Totally fabulous!