Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Curtains

When starting the baby room I knew I really wanted to have the same color scheme so I could combine the boys rooms. But, I wanted it to be a little more baby. I wanted lighter fabrics, that would make the room seem brighter, so I went to Joann's and found a woven cotton for an amazing price! After sewing the the stripes in one long piece, I cut them into four, one for each panel. After hemming all the edges, I went and put button holes every 5 inches across the top. I then took 14 inch pieces of rope, and looped it through them. I thought it really added character to an otherwise plain curtain.
Over all damage:

Woven Cotton 7 yards, $5.99 ( I had a 50% coupon) = $21.00
Rope Trim 6 spools, $1.99 ( On sale 50% off ) = $7.00
Ikea curtain rods, $1.99! = $4.00
Total = $32.00 for 4 custom curtain panels, and rods!



About 2 hours of work.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You are wonderful, I love your little DYI projects... Someday I will need your decorating skills to help with my house! Thanks for sharing what you are doing, so I can blogstock you every once in a while! :)

Megan Hall said...

Really!! like the curtains and the creative way you used the rope