Monday, April 18, 2011

Lincoln's Room

My inspiration for Lincoln's room came from Wyatt's recent bed makeover. His bed was originally black, and I decided it would look much better white (See previous post). I absolutely love the change and decided the black crib needed a new paint job anyways. But just new paint was not enough... it needed a new look. I started with some bead board, that was cut out so that it would fit in the end caps. (Thanks Andrew!) Then I cut off the rounded top of the end caps, and put a 1x3 across the top with a piece of trim under that. From there it was a good sanding, 2 coats of primer, and a coat of top coat.

Primer (Leftover from Wyatt's bed) $0.00
Paint (Leftover from Wyatt's bed) $0.00
Trim $5.00
1x3 $5.00
Bead Board (2 sheets) $30.00
Total = $40.00

Before:


After:


Stay tuned as I reveal more of his room!

No comments: