Friday, February 27, 2009

weird.

Tonight I had a whoa moment... I am sure we have all had them before. You know the kind, when all of the sudden something sinks in ? Well tonight Andrew and I were out on our date and I just had this really "full feeling". Like I had eaten a cow, which as much as that would normally be true, was not, I had just had a few bites of ice cream. Anyways, over the last few week I have felt my tummy getting bigger and bigger... But for some reason the normal mentality never set in, you know the fact that I am pregnant and it will do that? Whenever I looked in the mirror or tried on an old pair of pants, I though "Oh my heck I am getting fat! " Well tonight I had an Ah-Hah moment, there is a baby in there and the stomach is not fat, (well not all fat anyways).... I know this may sound so obvious to others, but tonight my tummy didn't just feel like extra pounds. There is a baby in there and the "shrimp" was growing extra fast today.

3 comments:

Megan Gery said...

i'm happy for you two! congrats! when are you due?

Rachel Mary said...

I have those moments at least once a day now. Like first thing in the morning when I wake up and feel my little guy kicking - a. its a relief and b. it reminds me all day that I am living for more than myself now. Everyday. Its amazing.
You are going to be such a good mommy.... I am excited for you to feel him - Just think - I felt Marcus at 17 weeks and you are a week off of that ( I think) so soon!! YAY

Also about Twilight - I am seriously a HUGE fan now. Love ya lady - Give my nephew love!!

Comstock Family said...

I loved when that moment hit!! It hits you even harder when you can push on a little foot and it will kick you back!! Its such a fun time, Congrats!