Monday, June 7, 2010

Guess what, I love projects... But I don't have the patience to take cute pictures and write tutorials. Once I start a project I am on a mission until it is completed.... Let me show you what I mean.

Floral shirt 20 minutes.

I was experimenting with this one... one of my longer projects.. about an hour.


Wy's sweatshirt has a pretty cool graphic on it that I hand drew in about 15 minutes...


This is a dress with matching flips flops, collectively they both took about 1.5 hours.


Wyatt needed some cool PJ pants, I made both pair in appox 30 min.


This took a little more time, I could not seem to get the neckline right! I was so frustrated, I think this was more like 3 one hour segments!

This was made out of sheer desperation one morning before morning nap... Wyatt will not falll asleep now that he can stand up.... so I made this restraint belt! Works like a charm. HE hated the swaddlers because he couldn't move his arms... I hated letting him move around till he fell asleep because inevitably he would end up in a weird position and uncovered. SO he would wake up in the middle of the night crying. This "Wriggle Wrapper" is our happy compromise.


Our friends were coming into town, and I decided our kids needed co-ordinating pjs for the sleep over. 30 minutes total.


This is just one of the many decorations for Teagans birthday party, they were a little more time consuming, they took about an hour, while I watched "Alice in Wonderland".


While I was preparing for Teagan's birthday I decided I needed an apron because I was covered in powdered sugar! So while the cake was baking I zipped together this little beauty!


This skirt was actually made from an Ikea sheet. ( FYI the best way to buy fabric!) I made this Saturday night because I couldn't find anything I felt like wearing... 1.15 minutes. The silly zipper took about 45 !


I was making a little girls dress and was looking at the skirt part of it, and decided to see if it fit. Worked perfectly so while I was sewing the dress featured below I cut out doubles in this fabric to serve as a swim suit cover/skirt.


This little dress is super easy took about 45 minutes. ( I have yet to do the finishing touches though. I have two others made at the same time... All 3 took about 2 hours. (All made from sheets.)


I decided Collette and Teagan needed matching aprons.. (Also made from sheets.)

So like I said I stay busy. But I never get around to taking pictures... these were the pictures I found on my phone from sending to Megan. The funny part is all of these were made within the last 2 weeks, and I don't have pictures of the other half of my projects. The second Wyatt's head hits the pillow, I am in the craft room, craftin it up!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Corey I am so impressed. Do you have patterns for those or you just do them free hand? WOW!!! nice job. especially love the flip flops and dress.

Megan Hall said...

I have already told you a million times that you are amazing but I will say it again YOUR AMAZING! Seriously I have no clue how you are so fast at things. I wish I was that fast. Oh by the way I am your friend too why does Collete get all this stuff?

Taylor {Sew Much Love} said...

Wow! I am seriously impressed! Now I just wish you were here to teach me! You are so talented!

Anna said...

Wow! Amazing. I wish we lived closer because I love to sew too. I have been working on a car seat cover for Jennifer's new baby and I have it done, I just need to work on the strap covers and the binding is giving me a fit...I had to step back from it for a moment. It's fun to see your projects, thanks for sharing them.